Assistant General Manager
|Title:||Assistant General Manager|
|Department:||Microtel Inn and Suites|
DescriptionMicrotel Inn and Suites by Wyndham in Bridgeport is now accepting applications and resumes for the postion of Assistant General Manager
Reports to: General Manager
The Ideal Candidate for this Position: A person who has an absolute commitment to provide the highest quality service to our guests. This includes responding to all hotel issues and problems as they arise to make sure the hotel runs smoothly each day. In addition, the AGM will assist the General Manager in all daily operations of the hotel. This would include but is not limited to generating new and repeat business in alignment with sales goals, maximize profits by practicing stringent cost controls to include labor costs through proper training and scheduling, guide the hotel in a positive direction by understanding the diverse workforce and proactive recruitment of qualified candidates. An individual in this role must also manage brand training; understand Human Resources, and local and state regulatory agency requirements.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities, skills and requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Willingness to accept the most effective role within the hotel as business dictates.
- Maintaining proper staffing levels within assigned departments
- Must lead by example and role model the expected behaviors while projecting a sense of urgency in responding to guests needs.
- Ensures proper safety and security of staff and guests
- Controlling expenses
- Must be able to work all shifts
- P & L compliance
- Accounting functions including Maintaining Direct Billing
- Assist with sales calls
- Achieving occupancy goals
- Oversight of Housekeeping other departments as directed by the General Manager
- Maintaining brand standards
- Keeping employee training current with corporate and brand standards
- Ensure complete guest satisfaction
- Provide direction to subordinates as necessary
- Ensure property standards are being maintained by identifying cleanliness and maintenance issues by proper use of inspection and maintenance request forms.
- Train and develop employees for promotional opportunities
- Must be enthusiastic and energetic with a passion for hospitality
- Minimum three years’ experience as a Front Office Manager or Department Manager in a full or select service hotel.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Proficiency in computers to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and other hotel operating systems
- Proven record of success with Quality Assurance reviews and Guest Satisfaction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of total hotel operations
• Lift up to thirty (30) pounds
• Walking, bending, stretching, excessive standing and/or sitting
• Some exposure to chemicals
Requirements: Must be a citizen of the United States or possess a valid work permit.
About Our Organization: Microtel Inn & Suites Bridgeport is located at Charles Pointe, and is adjacent to the Bridgeport Conference Center, a Regional Conference Facility in North Central West Virginia where business and pleasure go hand-in-hand - the ideal choice for business conferences, social events or association retreats. A new facility, the Microtel Inn & Suites Bridgeport is where modern accommodations and overall guest satisfaction are the top priorities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability. EOE
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications