Conference Sales Manager
|Title:||Conference Sales Manager|
|Department:||Bridgeport Conference Center|
DescriptionThis position appeals to outgoing, friendly, organized individuals who enjoy working with people, who enjoy having responsibility, who are dedicated and want to learn, and who are looking for a great sales opportunity in a professional environment.
The ideal candidate for this position would have a College degree or equivalent experience/training, knowledge of how to operate a computer, the ability to effectively communicate in the English language and experience in sales within the hospitality industry.
Position Summary: The Event Planner is responsible for planning and coordinating all aspects of in- house and off premise conference, banquet and catering Sales and Services for Bridgeport Conference Center and the CP Hospitality Management Team. The Event Planner works hand in hand with the Executive Chef and the Food & Beverage Manager to ensure all guests’ expectations are met or exceeded by consistently providing the utmost in quality service.
Requirements: Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
Essential Job Functions, Responsibilities, Managerial Requirements, & Business Skills:
Responsibilities, skills and requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Sales and Marketing - apply principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service - utilize principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - employ business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships - Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Communicating – Providing/receiving information to/from supervisors, co-workers, subordinates, customers, the public, government, and other external sources by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Other Benefits: Bonus & Commission Eligible, Health Benefits, 401K, some meals
About Our Organization: Bridgeport Conference Center is a Regional Conference Facility in North Central West Virginia where business and pleasure go hand-in-hand. It's the ideal choice for business conferences, social events or association retreats. A new facility, Bridgeport Conference Center is where innovative meeting solutions, modern accommodations and overall guest satisfaction are the top priorities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability. EOE
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications