Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
|Title:||Facilities Maintenance Supervisor|
|Department:||Bridgeport Conference Center|
DescriptionThe Facilities Maintenance Technician (FMT) operates under general supervision of the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor. The FMT performs semi-skilled and skilled work maintaining, repairing and servicing the company's facilities, grounds and equipment; and performs related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a maintenance position
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekend, and holidays
- Prior hotel maintenance experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Detail oriented
- Skilled in the safe use of hand and power tools
- Working knowledge of painting, plumbing, electrical, and drywall repairs.
- Reliable attendance
- Punctual for all scheduled shifts
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit
- Prepares surfaces for painting and staining; assembles all necessary supplies and brushes; applies paint, stain and other protective finishes to surfaces.
- Repairs small holes in walls and applies touch-up paint; installs and repairs doors, ceilings, baseboards, and thresholds; assists the FMS as needed with these types of projects.
- Replaces burned out and defective fluorescent tubes and lights in a variety of lamp fixtures; assists the FSM with the installation of wire, conduit and electrical equipment.
- Installs and re-keys locks in doors and cabinets; picks locks and makes duplicate keys’ repairs and maintains locking devices for offices and complex electrical power locking units in corrections facilities.
- Unclogs drains and clears out blockages from water closets and faucets; rods sewer lines; changes out plumbing fixtures; assists the FSM in installing, maintaining and repairing the facilities plumbing system and related plumbing fixtures.
- Replaces air filters on HVAC systems; adjusts thermostat settings; and assists the FSM and HVAC Technicians in installing, cleaning and maintaining the HVAC systems as needed.
- Installs, maintains and repairs carpet and tile as needed through basic maintenance and assists in cleaning and extracting stains from carpet and tile throughout company facilities.
- Remove and repair broken and damaged glass panels, full wall mirrors.
- Installs gates, roll-up doors, and movable wall systems; maintains and repairs the hydraulic, electronic and manual components associated with these systems.
- Assists contract employees with facility access, alarm maintenance, and related testing in association with the inspection of fire suppression systems.
- Maintains and repairs the tuberculosis prevention system.
- Estimates time, materials and supplies for repair work; orders materials, equipment and supplies needed for facility maintenance and repair; maintains adequate stock of tools, supplies and equipment to perform routine maintenance.
- Installs, modifies and repairs modular office furniture; moves office furniture, equipment and supplies from one location to another.
- Operates hand tools such as hammers, wrenches, saws, and screw drivers; and power tools such as drills, routers, grinders, acetylene and propane torches, and fastener gun to perform routine facilities maintenance.
- Drives company cargo van to and from facilities to perform maintenance and repair work; operates a lift truck, knuckle boom, scissor lift and man lift for maintenance, to hang banners and to maintain and repair facilities beyond the reach of a ladder.
- Assists with maintain the grounds of the facility including power washing, lawn care, snow removal and pest control.
- Complete any training as asked by Supervisor or General Manager.
- Responds appropriately to information requests and complaints by guests.
- Communication between FMS, Microtel General Manager and BCC Food and Beverage Manager as needed to complete tasks or to request materials or assistance and to be aware of what occurred during previous shifts.
- Create an environment that promotes quality and teamwork while supporting the mission and interests of Microtel and Charles Pointe Hospitality.
- Make sound judgment calls and decisions based on the principles of Microtel and Charles Pointe Hospitality.
- All other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or the General Manager. As the scope of our business changes, so may the responsibilities of this position.
- Maintain communication with supervisors and guests to ensure all guest needs are fulfilled.
- Maintain uniform and grooming guidelines according to the employee handbook.
- Must be able to lift over 25 lbs without assistance.
- Able to work full shift on feet: balancing, kneeling, crouching, and lifting.
Attributes of Service: Individuals working within Charles Pointe properties possess certain personal attributes that reinforce the vision and reputation for exceptional services. Employees are able to embrace hospitality values and blend them with a modern culture that benefits each guest and customer who visits our businesses.
About Our Organization: Bridgeport Conference Center is a Regional Conference Facility in North Central West Virginia where business and pleasure go hand-in-hand. It's the ideal choice for business conferences, social events or association retreats. A new facility, Bridgeport Conference Center is where innovative meeting solutions, modern accommodations and overall guest satisfaction are the top priorities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications