|Department:||Bridgeport Conference Center|
Job Title: CookDepartment: Foodservice Culinary
Reports To: Sous-Chef, Executive Chef
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: To service and prepare all foods served from the cold or hot line. Guest satisfaction through impeccable guest service interaction, food quality and highest sanitation standards will determine the success of this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete reviews of daily menus and oversee and participate in all preparation necessary for banquet service.
- Ensure all line service areas are organized to meet the day’s business demands in a timely and efficient manner.
- Review banquet event clipboards for daily events.
- Ensure food quality and kitchen sanitation is maintained to the highest standards at all times.
- Ensure all menu items are complete and to the menu specifications as determined by the Sous-Chef.
- Ensure all line service equipment is in proper working order. Communicate any maintenance or deep cleaning needs to the Sous-Chef, maintenance and stewarding department.
- Ensure closing checklists relative to production and department sanitation procedures are complete daily.
- Ensure adequate written communications are taking place from shift to shift and prior to days off
- Ensure strong lines of communication are maintained between front and back of the house employees. Keep service staff abreast of any changes or specials that impact service from the line.
- Work together with all kitchen personnel to ensure department is kept in optimum working order.
- Makes sound decisions based on the principals and morals of Bridgeport Conference Center Kitchen Management.
- A cook should serve as a role model for all kitchen employees in regards to work ethic, motivation, food quality and safety/sanitation.
- Check with Sous-Chef prior to leaving at the shifts end.
- This job description is a work in progress. As the scope of our business changes this description may be subject to modification. Your supervisor will keep you informed of any such changes as necessary.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications